The ONLY hearing in the US on the New EPA Refinery Rule
To ALL Fenceline communities!
This is is our only chance to tell EPA we are concerned about pollution from oil refineries and its impact on our health. This is the only public hearing EPA will hold anywhere in the country, and public comment will be taken for six hours, from 2-8 pm CT at a local Houston Location.
Hartman Community Center
9311 East Ave. P. Houston, TX 77012 | 2-8PM
We’d like EPA to hear from us and our allies in refinery communities throughout the entire hearing, so please sign up to speak today.
Join us in telling EPA:
- Our health suffers from pollution from oil refineries.
- Our children are particularly at risk from the health effects of air pollution.
- Air pollution affects our lives where we live, work, and play.
- Together we can demand a stronger rule to protect communities from air pollution.
The refining industry must cut pollution by:
- Reducing emissions from flares and pressure relief devices.
- Eliminate pollution exemptions for malfunction and force major events.
- Require fenceline monitoring at all times.
If you would like to present oral testimony at the hearing, please sign up here:https://www.epa.gov/…/public-hearing-petroleum-refinery-sec… or notify Ms. Virginia Hunt no later than November 15, 2016, by email: email@example.com (preferred); or by telephone: (919) 541-0832.
This rulemaking is the result of a lawsuit filed by Air Alliance Houston, Texas Environmental Justice Advocacy Services, Community In-Power and Development Association, and the Louisiana Bucket Brigade, who are collectively represented by EarthJustice.This is is our only chance to tell EPA we are concerned about pollution from oil refineries and its impact on our health. This is the only public hearing EPA will hold anywhere in the country, and public comment will be taken for six hours, from 2-8 pm.
Join us in sharing your stories and push for a better environment for our families. What better gift to give than the gift of a breath of fresh air?